DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor. Years of experience with diabetes, both conventional treatments and diet treatments.
24257177

I HAVE BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS 8.5- 10.0 FIRST THING IN MORNING

I HAVE BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS 8.5- 10.0 FIRST THING IN MORNING BEFORE EATING AND LEVELS FROM 4.3 TO 6.5 AFTER EATING--1 HOUR IS THIS NORMAL
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Fasting should be lower fasting
no this is not normal
I would suggest that the fluctuations might represent a problem with pre diabetes..as you still clearly handle your meal...but you are too high in the morning first thing

The way to resolve this is to have a hemoglobin A1C done which will give an idea of your average sugars over 3 months.

Sugars can be higher n the morning due to catacholomaine sugars..but you should still be within normal.

Your fasting should be 6 or lower.

Use reply to clarify

Positive/excellent feedback the best to acknowledge answer..Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas