Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I recently quit my job after 20 yrs because of emotional

Customer Question

I recently quit my job after 20 yrs because of emotional abuse from coworkers and management. I had been on the safety team for several years and was not allowed to correct coworkers because I was deemed rude by HR - I have also been called "Hitler" in the past by a coworker and was taken into the office, told my production was low and the plant manager wrote me up for fighting. In the past week another coworker told me to quit bitching because I had asked her a simple question. Also, a member of management had told me that my best friend had died, I had actually talked with her a few days earlier. Do I have any recourse?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Everything has been reported to HR except for the incidents from last week. I had also been humped by another coworker and they moved me from my position.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Mind you all of this has happened within the past 5 years of employment
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 days ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 days ago.

Do you believe you were treated differently than other employees due to your race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?