Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

Harassment as a hospitality worker, california, part time, i

Customer Question

sexual harassment as a hospitality worker
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: part time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have file for paid time leave i am not sure what its called
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Having a lawyer negotiate is key.
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.If needed, If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.