John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

Im being sabotaged and my coworkers are trying to hurt me to

Customer Question

Im being sabotaged and my coworkers are trying to hurt me to scare me off of my job and go to another department because i have seniority. what do I do to defend myself
JA: Was the injury or condition documented to management or HR?
Customer: i went to HR and he told me to go home and write my complaint with a clear mind.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: reported. I've been to supervisor, committeeman, shop chairman.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

I'll need to ask you some preliminary questions before I can give you an answer to your question. Are you in a union or do you otherwise have a contract for "just cause" (as opposed to “at will" employment which is the default employment condition)? Do you think theemployees harassing you are doing in violation of a protected right, perhaps your age, race, gender, disability or religious beliefs?