John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I worked for a company that I earned vacation time. When I

I worked for a company that I earned vacation time. When I put in my 2 weeks they fired me the next day and didn't pay me my vacationtime I already earned. How can i get that.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Az
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I was full time. The store manager
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this free advice. Cause they owe me $ 300. For a tobacco surcharge from back in oct

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

If the vacation time is not in excess of $5,000 then you can file a wage complaint with the state. Otherwise you have to file a lawsuit against the employer for the unpaid vacation. Here is where you can learn how to file a wage claim with the state: https://www.azica.gov/labor-wage-claims-main-page

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't understand how to use the links and I'm unemployed and can't afford to keep paying for questions I don't understand. Sorry. And thank u

It would probably be easier for you then to call the office nearest you and have them walk you through filing a wage complaint. Phoenix: 800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007 - Phone:(###) ###-####br />Tucson: 2675 East Broadway, Tucson AZ 85716 - Phone:(###) ###-####/p>