socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I work for a large financial firm and have a Series 7

I work for a large financial firm and have a Series 7 license. In Nov. I sent an email that wasn't authorized by the firm. I was put on probation. I didn't break the law, or do anything that was questionable by FINRA or the SEC. If I'm terminated, will this put a mark on my securities license?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Michigan, but it is a national firm.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that covers it

If, as you assert, your action was not prohibited by FINRA rules or federal law, then the employer has no authority to negatively report you to FINRA. If the employer does so, then you can demand an arbitration, and the FINRA arbitrator will hear each side's facts and arguments and decide if the negative entry was/is valid.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!