Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I need to file a petition to the Fulton County Commissioner

Customer Question

I need to file a petition to the Fulton County Commissioner requesting a review of the Department of Labor decision that I repay $4,235.00 in unemployment benefits that I feel should not be repaid due to errors on the DOL review process of examining the evidence and recorded testimony.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this issue? What was the reason you have to repay benefits? Have you filed your appeal with the DOL yet?

Why would you be going to the Fulton County Commissioner instead of the Fulton County Superior Court, which is where unemployment appeals are filed?

Have you considered hiring an attorney locally to represent you, since unemployment attorneys typically do not charge up front and work off of a percentage of benefits they obtain for you?