Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

A client of mine applied for a position for customer service

Customer Question

A client of mine applied for a position for customer service for a restaurant. First he had to work in the kiktchen and memorize 8o recipes. He hasd to do alot of cutting and make use of the hot oven and he felt unsafe. Eventually he quit the training.. As yet he has not been paid by the restauraNT AND THE UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE WANTS PROOF THAT HE FELT UNSAFE. wHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nEW yORK
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: iNITIALLY, HE WAS TO WORK PART-TIME. oNCE HE PASSED THE TRAINING PERIOD, HE WOULD BE A FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: sHOULD HE APPLY FOR LEGAL ADVICE?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.

I always think if he can get and afford an attorney it is a good idea, but the unemployment office can ask for evidence of the situation. They want to be able to ascertain that it was a good faith fear of danger.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.