RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Good am I have question, I was terminated from my job Nov

Customer Question

Good am I have question
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: I was terminated from my job Nov 14, They said i violated my personal improvement plan back in June. By not answering a question and making and employee feel stupid
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time, no union
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Got some more details
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good morning,

It looks like the rest of your question might have got cut off by the automated response. What was your legal question you needed assistance with?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Oct 2015 I was wrote up for sleeping I disagreed my supervisor disagreed but I was still wrote up and put on warning.. My supervisor explained to his boss what I was doing. I have a paper graph that backs up my side. And supervisor boss would not look at the graph that backed up my actions.
She went with this other white supervisor and white lead operator that did not like me.
So I was wrote up. Nov 2016 I was terminated because it was reported that I had not answered a question and I may a new trainee feel stupid.
This happen back in June 2016 . I remember the incident . I attempted to explain all things to her. I told my supervisor that she did not no the location of the outside equipment or how it worked.. from that incident It was reported that I did not answer her questions and I made her feel stupid so Nov 2016 I was terminated. The lady that reported this incident quit several months prior to my termination.

Thank you for your reply.

You don't mention what state you are in -- but the vast majority of states (with the exception of Montana) -are "at will" employers. That means that in the absence of a union agreement or employment contract, an employee may be terminated at any time, for any reason, with or without cause. You can be a great employee, you can be absolutely right in the fact that you didn't do anything wrong and didn't deserve to be written up, and it wouldn't matter. An employer can terminate an at will employee just because they woke up in the morning and felt like it.

That said, however, an employer cannot terminate an employee for an illegal or unlawful reason, such as because of their race,religion, age (over 40), sex, disability or national origin. If you believe that you were terminated for an unlawful reason, then the first place you need to start is by filing a complaint, called a "charge" with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against the employer.

The EEOC website is www.eeoc.gov.

Please ignore that follow-up post - that was for another customer and accidentally went to you.