Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

One of my corporate officers contacted me two years ago and

Customer Question

One of my corporate officers contacted me two years ago and verified my dates of employment. He said I would be sent a letter regarding a class action. My wife followed the case and long story short the guy who started the law suit died so major delay. Now everyone is getting paid and I'm left out. Please help. I've worked for this company for 20 yrs
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: That was California but I reside in Arizona. They transferred me on all paperwork so I could keep my seniority
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My email contact is***@******.***
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Why are you getting left out? Have you contacted the attorneys yet who are handling the suit? If so what did they tell you?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I found the attny on feb of last yr and have frequently emailed for case updates. He last said notices were mailed nov 11th. I emailed him that I didn't get it so he said contact the settlement admin and tell them you didn't rcv notice of settlement for the tauchman vs outerwall matter. I wrote them a letter (ilym group, Inc. in tustin california) and they never responded. That was almost 2 months ago. I thought maybe it went to my old california address but now everyone is ignoring me. Case info the atty gave me begining of last yr is Sacramento County Superior Court Case No. 34-2013-00154815-CU-OE-GDS.
Thank you for your reply, but we do not have access to the databases from the Sacramento court, you would need to contact the clerk of superior court in Sacramento and pay for copies of the records to see what has been done.