Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

IN FLORIDA, do per diem workers who work full time hours

Customer Question

IN FLORIDA, do per diem workers who work full time hours have the right to health benefits with a large employer?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

The Affordable Care Act does not make any distinction between "permanent" and "per diem" employees. The law simply requires employers to offer health insurance to "full time" employees. The law defines "full time" as working more than 30 hours a week or 130 hours in a month for more than 120 days in a year. If you meet the definition of "full time," your employer must offer health insurance or pay a tax penalty, regardless of whether you are paid on a per diem basis.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup because this question was still open and I have not heard back from you. Was there anything more I can do to assist you? Did you get a chance to review my answer to your question? Please let me know....