Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was working part time at the same company for 3 years,

Customer Question

hello, I was working part time at the same company for 3 years, continually asked for more work. I left to get a full time job. i worked at my new job for about 2 months. I just got a letter yesterday from my former employer at the part time job they are offering me my job back. I have not received any unemployment compensation yet. Am I required to accept the old job back?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NY
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: its part time and the hours would be 8am to 12 4 days a week . and 8 to 11 on Friday. Almost like my permanent part time hours when i worked there only less 1 hour than my old job
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't want to go back to my old job thanks!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Why do you believe that you could be forced to return to the old job? Did you have a written employment contract with them?

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Are you online with me?