Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

My employee took away my PTO hours because on a day I took

Customer Question

My employee took away my PTO hours because on a day I took PTO I went and measured a house for work. I did not clock in or charge the company regular pay for that time but they say I did work for the company on a day I took PTO and therefore they stripped me of my PTO accrued. Is this legal?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Unfortunately, this doesn't violate the law. Since employers are not required to offer any PTO at all, the are free to administer it however they see fit, even if what they do is unfair. I am terribly sorry, but your only recourse here would typically be to attempt to reason with your employer and get them to change their position.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get paid for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.