Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am a medical interpreter working at Boston medical center,

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I am a medical interpreter working at Boston medical center , for 10 years today the hr asked my director to take my badge and asked me to leave the hospital asap ,they said it's breach confidentiality,my union rep called me later said one of my patient said I went to talk to my community about her which I never did
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: massachusetes
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I am full time and union
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: But I have coworker who's asking my manager for more hours he's part time she didn't want to give him any hours I am assuming he's behind it it's like set up
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What exactly are you asking, i.e. what is your question here?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I work at Boston medical center as medical interpreter for 9 years hr called me today asked me to leave the hospital asap and give them my badj,they said it's breach of confidentiality,without telling me anything else ,I had to leave and late this evening one of the union representatives contacted me said I have meting tomorrow with them , he said one of the patient that I interpreter to said that I talked to the community about their infotainments which I never did I don't even get involved which the community ,but I know one of my coworker wants more hours and I have feeling it's a set up
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No they said pay 5dollars and you can get and answer I think this is scam then
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
The site offers a phone chat at a premium, not me. It is automatic. If you request it, then another expert would call you (I opt out of calls).
The $5 is the down payment. The cost for this conversation currently is $38 from what I can tell (experts have limited access to billing - we simply answer the questions).
I had already typed out your answer but if you think that this is a scam, there is no need to continue the conversation. You can contact customer service at www.justanswer.com/help - they are very friendly - and should you wish to continue, let me know.