Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I had six years with one union and 6 with the teamsters can

Customer Question

I had six years with one union and 6 with the teamsters can I get any of the money my employers contributed on my behalf refunded?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that if you were not vested in the pension plans you cannot get any of the money contributed by the employers, that is lost. If you were vested in the pension plans, then when you meet their requirements to collect, you would be able to collect benefits from each of those plans. However, just getting back money contributed by the employer into the plans is not allowed.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.