John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I work for a medical transcription company that uses India.

Customer Question

i work for a medical transcription company that uses India. I just came back from the flood in LA in 2016 and my supervisor audited my reports and put me on 100% QA and I cannot sleep or wash or take care of business. I lost everything, home, cars, family photos, everything and then I am put on this 100% QA which they want 99.65% accuracy and I cannot do it anymore. I have been employed by this company for 10 years and before that have 20+ years experience and then this one supervisor harasses me and I am about to have no income at all.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I work from home in LA . . . the flood of 2016. I lost everything. MModal is in Tennessee I guess but they are international.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: It is at will but I have an attorney that might get me unemployment if fired because of the 99.65 accuracy for each job that they require. It is really unobtainable for every job that an MT types.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, is 99.65 accuracy an obtainable goal for anybody?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should keep this page open and save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

I'll need to ask you some preliminary questions before I can give you an answer to your question. Are you in a union or do you otherwise have a contract for "just cause" (as opposed to “at will" employment which is the default employment condition)? Do you think the manager who implemented this QA on you had an ulterior motive in this, perhaps your age, race, gender, disability or religious beliefs?