Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I worked for a company for almost 10 years. I left in

Customer Question

I worked for a company for almost 10 years. I left in October. For the amount of time that I was with the company I was supposed to receive 3 weeks vacation time each year. By the time that I had left I had only received 1 vacation week. They kept putting my off and then changing my locations which kept prolonging vacation... Am I owed those weeks in any kind of compensation? Or because I left, is it more like I am not owed anything compensation wise?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I am not sure what "at will" means. I was a full time salaried Restaurant Manager
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I am aware of now
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Did your employer have a policy regarding the payment of unused vacation upon separation of employment? If so, what did that policy say? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.