Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I work with healthcare I have partial unemployment the last

Customer Question

I work with healthcare I have partial unemployment the last filing period my client was home but I filed anyway full hours because I thought I should just to keep the claim open this last filing period,he was in the hospital the whole time so on my filing date jan,1 I filed no paid hours I see no action on the computer and there phones are busy constacly becaused they laid off 500 people do I have to reopen a claim because I didn't require cash last period? speaking of cash how much is this tidbit gonna cost me?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: when and where do you send it
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: pa
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: fulltime I guess 30 hours aweek
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: mostly if I need to open the claim back up because I received no money last filing period and still called with home care you take the chance of your client being hospitalized often this is my first time
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You do not need to file a brand new claim, this is a continuation of your prior claim and when you file you did not work this claim period, they will send payments and you would continue to file as you always have done. You do not need to file a new claim if you temporarily work and then are out of work again.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
why is nothing money wise showing how much I will receive as in the past your saying I don't have to reopen the claim

Thank you for your reply.

Because once you claimed 0 hours in one period you filing the reinstatement they have to evaluate the claim to reopen it. But that is not filing a new claim, your filing the request for benefits for this month is reopening the claim.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
not filing anew claim reopening the existing one is the 59 dollars to chat on yop of this price im paying nowhow long does it take to review this period

Thank you for your reply. The experts are not site employees, we have no idea what the site is sending you, but you do NOT have to accept any phone call offer if you received one, the expert did not send it to you.

You file the new claim during the period you did not work and Unemployment will process your claim reopening the claim and determining your benefit amount.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this claim was opened in july so its not old.how long does a review take
Thank you for your reply.

Typically it takes them 3-6 weeks to reopen the claim and for review.