Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I am have seen by many doctors and was told I was

Customer Question

Hi I am have seen by many doctors and was told I was Manic/depressive/bipolar!! This was the diagnosis at age 30. I am now 64 and for the last 34 years I have been seen by doctors and have followed their instructions with meds for help. I currently take 1 mg of Clonazepam (generic name) and 60mgs of prosaic daily. My question is this... this is the second time my providers (I know this is a narcotic and is monitored very close) has failed to call in renewal for filling. I just went to my physician this month to have a physical checkup for refills. Here is my question---I Called for a refill thru my pharmacy (I had two days left for the Clonazepam) but called in plenty of time for the OK to refill. (Called 12/27 it is now 1/3.) The pharmacy CVS sent 4 faxes for approval, then called me to ask me to call doctor directly, and I did on 12/29. Please keep in mind that I was told to take the meds by doctors. I have not abused this med, but if you are familiar with it at all you are on it and you need to follow the schedule. This happened before and I had to go to the emergency room at the hospital (cost $600+ to get a few tablets which I had a refill for but needed auth from doctor. I called CVS and still no meds!!! If you are put on medicine by a doctor and have paid for the visit and must take them daily no missing WHAT TO DO? This is a mental illness and if I called and make a issue, I'm nuts! Help please with info. TYVM
JA: Has anything been filed or reported? PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No who to?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 19 days ago.

It would be hard to pursue a medical malpractice claim but you may want to consider filing a complaint with the state agency that issues medical licenses.

Let me know if you have any other questions otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.