Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Am I paying 36 to speak with a lawyer to answer my questions

Customer Question

am I paying 36 to speak with a lawyer to answer my questions
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Yes what questions can I help you with today, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, Ray, Well the situation is that I have a signed employment contract dated July 1, 2016 and my salary was set at 100k for 2 years. My problem is that he hasn't paid me but about 1500.00 so far citing investors did not come through as of yet. I am barred from getting any other employment per contract stipulations. Additional I was promised a franchise unit of which i discover that he doesn't have the approval from SEC as of yet. He has violated over 8 items of the contract. I wanted to sue in Federal Court since the value of the contract is over 50k...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

You may want to send demand letter if you aren't release from the contract it is your intent to sue them.The noncompete is likely unenforceable since payments have not been made--breach of the contract by employer.You want to be released or you will sue here.

I can do unlimited chat online, not set up for calls.Accept and you can ask anything you want and come back in a day or two if more comes up.I sent you the offer.