Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I been harassed by two bosses being berated, and constantly

Customer Question

I been harassed by two bosses being berated, and constantly bullied
JA: Were any threats made? Was any of this based on race, religion, age, gender, disability, or national origin?
Customer: yes, three times the first boss told he can fire me, on several ocean he stated he needs to update his resume and he strongly suggested I should do the same
JA: Because laws vary based on location, what state are you in?
Customer: Nevada reno
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have e-mails documenting all the issues for the last 11 months, there are many complaints filled against both of them, I believe they are setting me up for layoff, I have notify HR on all these issues
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 5 months ago.

If you have notified HR in writing then that is good. If the conduct is ongoing and nothing is being done, you need to hire an employment law attorney about pursuing a harassment, discrimination, and hostile work environment lawsuit. Most likely you will now file a complaint with the Equal employment opportunity Commission or the Nevada Department of Labor. They will typically evaluate the merits of your claim and sort of "green light" you going ahead with the lawsuit.