Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

WHAT IS THE COST, OK understand that but what is the

Customer Question

WHAT IS THE COST
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Employment Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: OK understand that but what is the approximate cost to understand a Arizona Department of Economic security document
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK are you a paralegal or work for the Lawyer listed here
JA: No. I'm the Employment Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: OK I understand
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes I was fired April 5th, 2016. Collected UI benefits for several months and then got a job. I started work at my new job 7/7/2016. Today I received a document saying something about misconduct-reason for termination. I was told on the 5th of April service no longer required and never was told anything else-what are they trying to do?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The document is a reconsidered determination of deputy notice to claimant They claim that former employer this determination is being issued to correct that defect. They want to know a bunch of information that I answered when I received benefits in April and May filed timely protest to your eligibility to receive benefits however an appealable determination was never issued
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 days ago.

This is very typical of employers. They often will say they fired you for cause to avoid having to pay unemployment benefits. You need to cooperate with the unemployment office's request, and perhaps hire an attorney to attend any meeting. If they fired you for cause at the time of your termination then they should have notified you then, not retroactively.