Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am in desperate need of Legal assistance. I have been a

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I am in desperate need of Legal assistance. I have been a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida for almost 29 yrs. I applied for a position at a facility which during my pre-employment testing my urine came back positive for an illegal substance I have never used. I have tried over a year to fight for my rights and have taken hair and urine specimens, along the year as well as attending an OP treatment facility for 30 days. The Attorney that I hired did not do his due diligence in this matter as it has drained me financially. I am a single parent raising my 13 yr old son. I have been in Administrative positions most of my career.. i.e. Aventura Hospital as Nursing Supervisor and Director on several units. My license is clear and active, however, shows a complaint that has stopped me from working. You can contact me at(###) ###-#### Please advise.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Aventura, Florida
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I have been trying to work with the DOH to close this complaint and have evidence to proof my innocence.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have all documents if needed.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  attyadvisor replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. Did you file a State Bar complaint against the Attorney that was handling this for you?

The Attorney that I hired did not do his due diligence in this matter as it has drained me financially. I am a single parent raising my 13 yr old son. I have been in Administrative positions most of my career.. i.e. Aventura Hospital as Nursing Supervisor and Director on several units. My license is clear and active, however, shows a complaint that has stopped me from working.

At this point you would be looking for Pro Bono services.