Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I am the only contractor at the site. I was told by someone

Customer Question

I am the only contractor at the site. I was told by someone at another large company that they were cautioned to have all communication go through the temp agency. Any direct management, direct negotiation of rates, direct instruction on number of hours, and work hours would constitute co-employment. Any of these individually could make the employee eligible for employee benefits -- all of these occurred for years while I was employed. Also I reported but was not paid for all of the hours I worked - anything here?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

As a contractor, you must be paid for the hours worked. If not paid, raise it with the company that hired/pays you - whether the company or agency. There is no co employment from who you contact about any of the issues. There is likely an arrangement between company and agency about you, and their fee share if any, and what you do or who you speak to has no bearing on you being a contractor, unless everyone comes to a new agreement in writing.

Please rate me 5 stars. If I can clarify anything, you can reply as well.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 days ago.

Thanks in advance.