Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have an employer that cut my salary status to hourly

Customer Question

I have an employer that cut my salary status to hourly part-time, due to my missing work for documented illness. I've been with the company 3 months, have doc apptmts, two which I was hospitalized. Last one two weeks ago, I received a letter in the office forcing me to clock in and cut my hours in half beginning that same day. Do I have any rights?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: North Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I had been communicating with her through email for documentation purposes.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, for the past 3 months of employment, I was forced to sign a file that stated I received a handbook, job description when I just received it two weeks ago, because they are undergoing a state inspection for child care. I wrote her in an email stating that she had me sign the file without actually giving me the handbook and job description.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Is this illness an on-going matter, or is it something that has been resolved?

Did you see my question?

Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 5 days ago.

Hello?

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?