Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

The Co. I worked for gave me health insurance which have not

Customer Question

The Co. I worked for gave me health insurance which have not used in years. Each year I was given a period to select to receive this insurance again. But today the goverment m,ade a deal with the Co. I can only have the government plan. Other retired do not have this restriction. and can op for plans not offered me. Can the GOV TAKE AWAY MY RIGHT FOR INSURANCE BY contracting with my Co? Do I have any protection from this?
JA: Not for this question, but they might if you need additional services. You'll have to ask the Lawyer about that. Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: It is my liminited knowledge it is throught the US. But for me it is CT.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no. I received a unsigned letter and some other papers which made it look like it was an insurance offer. In asking questions I found out the fact that I was not offered the same offer to other people
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes this was predicated on my opinion that I had health insurance with the Federal gov and they want to take it from me. I've had this insurance over 20 yrs filed a report to them that I had no other insurance each year and was OK'd by them. After mining data and passing laws they no are starting to process
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Can you please clarify? Are they requiring you to obtain medicare because you are now medicare eligible?