Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Any chance of winning a Court of Claims case in a federal

Customer Question

Any chance of winning a Court of Claims case in a federal claims court for damages caused by the intentional falsification of two federal documents (which is a felony) by government officials? Total damages $4 million.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Federal agency located in Utah.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time protected by Merit System Protection Board, but agency falsified MSPB documents to denied appeal rights. MSPB now claims the discovery of the falsification did not occur in time, but actually, there is no statute of limitations.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Falsified documents were discovered by me by accident 39 years after they were used to deny my MSPB appeal in 1975. The end result is about $4 million in lost salary differences between the career I would have had if this had not happened compared to actual income. By comparing with the genuine documents, MSPB has admitted the documents were falsified but then would not allow the case to be heard on the merits, alleging the case was to old, but there is no statute of limitations.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If your case is allowed to proceed, it is most likely that you would prevail based on the information that you have provided here. However, your case may be hampered--may be prevented from going forward due to the doctrine of laches. This is where a Court would refuse to hear a case because the aggrieved party waited too long to prosecute the case and material witnesses and relevant documents have been lost during this time disadvantaging the defendant(s) in the case.

Best wishes,