Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I am a senior executive within a major university system in

Customer Question

I am a senior executive within a major university system in Philadelphia. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder two years ago. A former colleague has repeatedly used my condition to gain traction in her own career, and she has passed on information about my condition to other colleagues and friends as a way of excusing her own very poor performance and behavior. She is being released from admin duties shortly, but my reputation and self confidence have been damaged. What might I do to rememdy this?
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: PA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: By me? No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I reported her behavior to the chief of staff and I have made repeated attempts to meet with HR. Allegedly, she as having an affair with the chief of staff and HR have never responded to me
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
That would be a violation of your rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act if the employer has harassed or caused a hostile work environment against you while in the workplace. If they have not taken action in response to your complaints, then you need to file a complaint with the EEOC, http://www.eeoc.gov, regarding hostile work environment based on your disability.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.