Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Former judicial law clerk, lawyer
26798026

I work for the ohio turnpike. After 20 years of showing

Customer Question

I work for the ohio turnpike. After 20 years of showing vacation and sick leave accruals and balances on our pay stubs , they have removed them. I really feel they have a ulterior motive in mind. Is there any recourse ?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ohio
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: union
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that about 15 years ago , they tried the same thing and somebody must of fought it because they put it back on.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 13 days ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

This is the type of thing the Union can help with. They'll have lawyers who can contact the state and demand that the information be put back on your pay stubs. They may have records from 15 years ago showing what happened and how it was resolved. That can help going forward. Also, talk to your coworkers - the more people putting pressure on union reps, the faster they'll take action. If you know people who work for the same union in other areas, see if you can get them to call their representatives, too. All of that may help. You have a much likelihood of success if you go through the union, and this is the type of thing your dues should cover. Find out what they're going to do to protect your vacation/sick leave and to make sure it's properly accounted for.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 days ago.

Do you have any other questions about this?