Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

How to write a request for compensation for retaliations and

Customer Question

How to write a request for compensation for retaliations and unethical behaviors in the workplace
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: A racial slur was used, it was reported to administrator of the facility, the facilitator made excuses, chain of command was used, conference was done, afterwards the administrator , the individual has seniority, was passed over several times for positions, positions given to those with less time on job,, also accused of something the individual isnt responsible for nor have the authority to do etc
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: Yes, I feel unsafe in the work environment, I haven't been at work due to experiencing lots of anxiety, restlessness, headaches, my work emails have been accessed without permission, confidentiality has been breached,
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Was it a one time racial slur? Have you filed a complaint to the EEOC, since they must investigate before you could have any rights to sue?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
it was a one time slur, however I was harassed by the same individual after the slur , there was a phone conference with HR and the head administrator of our facility, since the complaint I have receive retaliations . I have not contacted EEOC, I will be doing that asap, adding insult to injury HR doesn't want to place me on administrative leave with pay during investigation
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 days ago.
Thank you for your reply.
They do not have to place you on leave with pay pending the investigation. If you have been retaliated against since you made the complaint you need to report the retaliation to HR as well.
Furthermore, you need to file your complaint of discrimination along with the retaliation to the EEOC as soon as possible as it can take some time to have them investigate and you need to be as detailed in your complaint about what happened in the workplace as you can. It needs to be more than your feelings or beliefs, the EEOC is looking for actual facts and evidence showing not only did the conduct towards you occur, but that it was solely based on your race (or age/sex/disability/national origin).
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I really appreciate this! your information is a big help. I will certainly contact EEOC with as much detail as possible, I was passed over for a internal job position, there's much involved for example, usually interviews are conducted by the facility administrator & shift coordinator , oddly I was interviewed by the shift supervisor, the nurse, and a peer of the open shift( after giving the position to another employee,our facility administrator came to make it known I didn't get the position, then taunted me saying "The Lord works in mysterious ways!", she smirked and left the room. My Spiritual beliefs differ.