Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was wrongfully terminated at a job after which they spread

Customer Question

I was wrongfully terminated at a job after which they spread rumours around all hardees stores that I was a bad guy that I was sexually harassing people and basically trying to ruin my name could I sue for defamation of character and discrimination
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: North Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed for unemployment and in the statement they gave they said that they were asking people in there stores if I sexually harassed them and saying I did it at there other store
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Because of the wrongful termination I almost lost my car my apartment and put me behind in child support payments and depressed
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Did you get unemployment, or, were you denied?

2) What is your question here exactly, i.e. what do you wish to know?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.