Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

How can i retain a labor lawyer

Customer Question

how can i retain a labor lawyer
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

I'm sorry, I'm having some significant computer issues right now (my computer keeps turning itself off as I'm typing). I'll opt out so another expert can assist you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please do not reply back to me though as the site will automatically "lock" the question back to me for an answer and other experts won't be able to help you or see the question. Thank you.

Expert:  Maverick replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 13 days ago.

We are not permitted to represent JA's customers or to refer any particular attorney to them; however this link may help you find a labor law attorney in your area.

Also note this law:

In any action instituted in the courts upon a wage claim by an employee or the commissioner in which the employee prevails, the court shall allow such employee to recover the full amount of any underpayment, all reasonable attorney's fees, prejudgment interest as required under the civil practice law and rules, and, unless the employer proves a good faith basis to believe that its underpayment of wages was in compliance with the law, an additional amount as liquidated damages equal to one hundred percent of the total amount of the wages found to be due.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.