Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

Sure I've been fighting for the reinstatement of my

Customer Question

sure I've been fighting for the reinstatement of my unemployment benefits and I am currently waiting for a judge to be assigned to my case. Losing my benefits has put me over the edge and has caused me an incredible amount of consternation, to the point where I'm borderline bankrupt. Do I have a case to sue the state of Washington?I was working as a substitute teacher for Seattle Schools up through June 24, 2016; I also had time with the company MckenzieChase during my last 5 quarters. On June 9, 2016 I had signed a "Letter of Reasonable Assurance" with the school district for the next fall. However I was soon asked to leave my housing situation by the end of June, 2016 and I had no job to secure an apartment lease with. I began living out of my car July, 2016, sleeping in rest areas, campgrounds, parking lots and etc.I've read the following on the internet:
If you work for another company within 5 quarters and the school district is considering hiring you over the break then you are eligible for unemployment.If you are working on an apprenticeship which starts when your work with the district ends you are eligible for unemployment. (I have spent the last 6 or so months working on a data processing apprenticeship which is recognized by state of Washington)If you quit work because of no fault of your own you are entitled to unemployment. My reason for quitting is not listed on the standard list of reasons for justifiably quitting but not being able to attain housing is of no fault of my own.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: can i sue the state?
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: substitute teaching was about 30+ hours a week
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
my wage info:
Year-Quarter Wage Name Employer Name Wages Hours
2016-2 SCHEIB SEATTLE SCHOOL DIST 1 $7,267.55(###) ###-####1 SCHEIB SEATTLE SCHOOL DIST 1 $6,965.60(###) ###-####4 SCHEIB MCKENZIE CHASE $6,240.00(###) ###-####4 SCHEIB SEATTLE SCHOOL DIST 1 $1,968.80 92
2015-3 SCHEIB MCKENZIE CHASE $13,110.00(###) ###-####3 SCHEIB SEATTLE SCHOOL DIST 1 $887.48 44
2015-2 SCHEIB SEATTLE SCHOOL DIST 1 $352.98 18
2015-2 SCHEIB MCKENZIE CHASE $8,100.00(###) ###-####1 SCHEIB STATE OF TEXAS $9,920.00 0
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you quit your job for a reason that was no fault of your own, they mean no fault of your own in employment. The fact that an employee cannot find housing or that an employee cannot find child care or whatever personal reason that is not the fault of the employee is not good cause for award of unemployment benefits. So you have to prove that your loss of employment was the employer's fault and no fault of your own AT WORK.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'm not happy with the response and I thought I would only be charged $5.00.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I didn't see anything where I would automatically be charged 33.00 in addition to the 5.00
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 15 days ago.
First of all, you are a subscription customer, you have asked questions here before and all of them are under your one subscription price.
Second of all, if you would REPLY with a useful response to tell us what more information you would like, as we know nothing of the details of your situation, we could answer your specific questions. When customers post general and vague questions void of relevant details (all the work history is not relevant to us) we have no clue as to what more they specifically want. If you want more specific information, use REPLY and ask us and we will work back and forth with you to answer all of your specific questions.