How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 18834
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The Ohio Department of Education has had my educational

Customer Question

The Ohio Department of Education has had my educational licenses in a pending status (along with over 60 other colleagues of mine from the same district) for close to two years, pending a district investigation that has been going on since 2012. How long can they drag this out? Statue of limitations? No hearings are scheduled at this time and ODE has hearings scheduled for other people through May of 2017. They cashed my check for $240 early in $2015. Thank you for any advice. Leslie
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello Leslie: I am sorry to read about your difficulties. Unfortunately, there is no Statute of Limitation is kind of matter. However, you and other affected educators can file Writ of Mandamus to force the agency to issue the licenses. This is a type of action that is filed in Court to force a government agency to act after unreasonable delay in doing what the agency supposed to do--in performing its duties. You would need an Attorney who handles these kinds of cases to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Goodluck with your case,