Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

The Ohio Department of Education has had my educational

Customer Question

The Ohio Department of Education has had my educational licenses in a pending status (along with over 60 other colleagues of mine from the same district) for close to two years, pending a district investigation that has been going on since 2012. How long can they drag this out? Statue of limitations? No hearings are scheduled at this time and ODE has hearings scheduled for other people through May of 2017. They cashed my check for $240 early in $2015. Thank you for any advice. Leslie
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 13 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Hello Leslie: I am sorry to read about your difficulties. Unfortunately, there is no Statute of Limitation is kind of matter. However, you and other affected educators can file Writ of Mandamus to force the agency to issue the licenses. This is a type of action that is filed in Court to force a government agency to act after unreasonable delay in doing what the agency supposed to do--in performing its duties. You would need an Attorney who handles these kinds of cases to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Goodluck with your case,