Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
17897874

I think my employer is discriminating against me because I

Customer Question

I think my employer is discriminating against me because I have ADD. I have attached a detailed account of what has happened. I need to know what I should do.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 13 days ago.

It is illegal under the Americans With Disabilities Act for your employer to discriminate against you for having a diagnosed disability.

The law requires an employer to provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability, unless doing so would cause significant difficulty or expense for the employer ("undue hardship").

It is also illegal to penalize you for requesting or taking FMLA time.

You can file a complaint against your employer with the nearest office of the EEOC. To find the nearest EEOC office go to www.eeoc.gov.