Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was terminated from my job of 27 year's, the company

Customer Question

I was terminated from my job of 27 year's, the company saying I came to work intoxicated or impaired. Which is far from the truth, I worked far a female supervisor, Who was very argumentive, an anti- Union. In which I was in the Union. Any time I had a problem are disagreement with any issue in the Laboratory were I worked, I would bring in A Union rep. to listen, She does not like it when you get the union involved, with the laboratory which sit's off away from the plant a bit off to it's self. My off day's were Thursday an Friday's back in March. On a Thursday I had a few beer's around my house watching T.V. Came in to work 8 hour's overtime on a Friday the 25th. at 2:00 p.m. the next evening. Was sent home an suspended, then fired.two week's later. The company has been harassing me with the alcohol Breath test for the past 6 or 7 year's, my co worker's were stated the fact that they already, know it's not random, prior to this happening. The Supervisor herself even stated one day, they(Company), keep's calling for Reggie, to take a Drug an Alcohol test an half the time he's not here. He is on his off day's. Now after 8 month's of no work, the company refuses to pay unemployment after five appeal's I don't know what to do next. Is it wrong to consume alcohol on your day's off, relaxing at home? The company does not pay for that time.I feel I was harassed, humiliated, an intimidated, by the Company, Supervisor, Chief Tester. By the way who was not Unioned, an also told one of the former employee's that quit to chime in on it! (The Harassing)Key witnesses that I stood over, as I read the Daily Work Log Book an Talk to them, before I changed my clothe's an started my work, Were Michael Finnegan an ***** *****.(Tester's) for the Oil Lab. The Company I am Referring to is Delek Refinning. Tyler,Texas. My number is(###) ###-#### Email;***@******.*** I must warned ahead of time, this supervisor an chief tester has been known too, been the truth an tale small or shall I say large white lies to get a person fired. I worked with a group of non-Unioned employee's an I feel they basically ganged up on me until they got me fired. This same similar situation happened to a ex-corker of mine several year's back, they got her fired too. (Janis Walker). Same thing harassment. I don't have any contact's with her an I don't have any Idea as to where she is. The point is? This is wrong! When I speak of my supervisor her name was (***** *****on) The Chief Tester( Tony Warren). Since the Older more mature chief Tester Quit, basically because I got bumped out of the Christmas holiday's. So I had to bump him out of Thanksgiving for this year. So, I wound up getting Christmas but without a job.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 14 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If you have appealed from the denial of benefits and you have not been successful, the notice of denial must tell you if you have exhausted your appeals or whether you can appeal one more time to the highest level in the appeals process, which is to a civil Court. If your appeal is denied at the level, then there is nothing else you can do with regard to the unemployment compensation benefits, regrettably. You have to hopefully find another employment. Click here for information on the appeals process.

It is not wrong to consumer alcohol on your day off so long as the consumption would not have any adverse effect on your job.

Best wishes,