Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My question is in regards to my employers 401(k) plan. Is

Customer Question

my question is in regards ***** ***** employers 401(k) plan. Is this something you can address
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: PA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time employee at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Employer has a 401(k) plan which automatically increases deferrals each year. Fidelity (investor) reflects a contribution of 7% but the payroll provider is only deducting 5%. This was an administrative error over a two year period. I have lost the tax benefits and investment contributions as a result. They are recognizing their is not a seamless correspondence between investor and payroll provider but are not willing to make me whole for the loss of two years worth of contributions.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 17 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that. You may want to consider filing a lawsuit against the culpable parties for breach of contract and of fiduciary duty.

I think you have a strong case here.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 13 days ago.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.