Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

What is the chances of getting the pool company's insurance

Customer Question

What is the chances of getting the pool company's insurance paying for this and getting a fair arbitration from other pool people. What can we do?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 18 days ago.

What would you like to get the pool company to pay for and why?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
In previous text I was able o show with pictures and explained we recently retired and moved here to Brunswick Georgia we had inquired several pool company the one my husband liked was persistent and had a rendering of what pool would look like and the design. This company happened to be in Florida Jacksonville area we realize a lot of company's people here were we live do business there because we live so close to the border of Florida. This company gave us the best price also.
We wanted a concrete pool and the company we got also is owned by strong incorp. A concrete company and they are the parent company as I understand it. There was several delays they had and they were very busy for a while ,when they finally set, up to start our pooleverything seemed great they put up all the basic framing then the second time they came to house (and by the way they never called to say there coming) the gentleman who was in charge and working for the pool company we contracted with to do a gunite pool told us that timely hired a subcontractor who was local and from Jesus to do our pool as concrete shotcrete not gunite. We were okay with that but as it turned out there was problems from the beginning with the hose operator did not seem qualified as a matter of fact the nozzle was passed around to different guys and they all took turns that was one thing that made me uneasy about things but then the machine broke and finally the concrete truck that came at some point in the process they were putting water unmeasured into the truck of concrete because it was hardening fast then the man in charge Told concrete truck to dump all concrete right there, in and around spa area it was horrible the concrete set and hardened within minutes my husband Steve said he never saw anything like it. This became a major mess and if you know about shotcrete the whole point of doing a concrete pool,either gunite or shotcrete is the application at that point we had documented by recording each and every thing that had been done as well as taken many pictures . To make this short I won't give more details just to say we were told by the company we had contract with that the subcontractor said everything's fine and they will stand by what he says and we could take them to arbitration and that we needed to get subcontractor to resolve problems it was not going to get done by them. He made us deal directly with the sub that they hired and didn't ask or tell us about until the day they show up and I'm skipping over so much more my question is because the contract my husband signed ( not me ) it says we have to go to arbitration if there's a dispute and this is before other pool,contractors and according to James the man in charge of our pool project who was never there to supervise at any time this was happening and we even called him in the beginning to tell him things were going terribly wrong and he laughed and told me that Kris the subcontractor had 25 years experience and knew what he was doing and hung up. I contacted the shotcrete association I was blessed to get one of the experts that teaches the proper application and science to the pool people he recommended I contract another gentleman and as it turned out this man was the president of the shotcrete association among other things and has many accolades to his name and his expertise. We sent a tape showing pool process that happened and he was very upset and said it's the worst he ever saw that this was junk and needed to be tore out and redone. And I'm cutting this very short because at this point I knew things were irreparable and not what we paid for but was going to be a patched up iffy concrete ( shotcrete) pool that is not according to experts safe or impenetrable the way a concrete pool needs to be but since the company we contracted with only has a one year warranty given they seemed to just want to chance it will last a year at least. Well without going into more who can we get to help us and what is our recourse this was our retirement money my husband was a Luis. In Philadelphia fire department for 30 years and I've been disabled for awhile can we be helped? Thank you Linda Archibald(###) ###-####or email
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Another picture
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 13 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 13 days ago.

I read your facts and the questions you have appear to be rhetorical. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 13 days ago.

Also, I'm waiting on a call to run out for about an hour (trying to get something done before the holiday break) so if I leave suddenly it will just be an hour or so and then I'll be back to assist you. I'll try to let you know when the call comes in but if for some reason I can't and suddenly disappear, that's where I've gone.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 13 days ago.

I just received a call and I have to go to court but should be back in an hour or so. I will check back online to see if you have posted any follow ups at that time. Please ask any follow up questions necessary to be sure you understand this issue.