Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I thpught I paid my October COBRA payment and learned

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I thpught I paid my October COBRA payment and learned yesterday that it was never received and now my insurance has been cancelled. I was directed to Appeal the decision. My husband and I are senior i our early 60s and my husband is diabetic.Is there another course of action beside the 7-10 day appeal process?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: I am no longer employed. Unfortunately, there is no proof if submission on my computer where I electronically sent in my payment. I researched immediately but it must have not gone through even though I normally would have redone if I did not receive a confirmation email.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I was a FT Executive when I resigned in June and my company paid the first 3 months of COBRA and I paid part of September and what I thought was October and intended to submit November yesterday when I received a termination letter yesterday.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, how quickly can I buy and receive Insurance if I am not reinstated? Is there a fee for connecting with the lawyer?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 17 days ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades and I handle employment law and insurance law issues----including COBRA issues.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will be happy to call you. You will need to request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 17 days ago.

Good morning,

Do you still need help, or not?

Doug