Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I was told by my manager that I will be asked to resign from

Customer Question

I was told by my manager that I will be asked to resign from my job tomorrow morning, and that I should receive unemployment insurance. I asked if they would put that in writing and my manager was hesitant to answer. How should I handle this meeting? What should I do/ask for? I'm in California.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time for a government agency. I believe there is a union.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was told that there was a probationary period for the first year. They are saying that they are releasing me from probation. Is there a fee for this service?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the employment lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: How much are the typical fees?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 24 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that. You can ask for feedback as to why you are being let go. You should get it in writing that you will be eligible for both unemployment insurance and also unemployment benefits that they will not contest it with the state. Alternatively you should ask for some sort of severance.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 19 days ago.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.