Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

The town has a clerk who has worked for 30 years in the town

Customer Question

The town has a clerk who has worked for 30 years in the town but the administrator wants his wife to work instead who has no experience
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: part time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: she was working once a week every Friday but now he does not want the clerk to work at all. We have had trouble with him being against people of a different ethnic group than him. In fact we lost a case because of him being a racist.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 24 days ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
We have a weak Board of Trustees and they will not do anything against the Town Administrator. The town does not have anything in writing against Nepotism so this is really a mute point. The clerk in question is Hispanic and the Town Administrator is Anglo and until she sticks up for herself, it will continue as such. The Board of Trustees will not get rid of him. He bullies them into thinking he knows everything. But thanks any way as I can not fight her battles for her.