Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I'm a registered nurse working in a facility for mentally

Customer Question

I'm a registered nurse working in a facility for mentally challenged adults. I was assaulted 3 times by the same patient. He struck me in the head each time. Because of he injuries I sustained due to these assaults the crystals in my head cannot be realigned properly for any significant length of time. Therefore I can no longer do my duties as a nurse and have since been fired from my job. What are my legal rights? Is there any legal action I can take against my employer since the assaults happened while I was working.? Thankyou. Kathy.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 20 days ago.

Hi Kathy,

I am very sorry to hear about this. If you sustained brain damage while on the job, your remedy would be to file a workers compensation claim, which should compensate you for all related medical expenses and any loss of income which is attributable to your physical inability to work. You should contact a local workers comp attorney as soon as possible to get the process started. See here to find someone in your area who can help.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Kathy, was there anything else I can do for you before we wrap up?