Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I fell at work and was injured which left me out of work

Customer Question

I fell at work and was injured which left me out of work w/compensation for 2 months.Within the first week of returning I have been harrassed not only by my co-workers but also by my Administrator.
Any accusations made against me can be proven false because I work in a job where everything is recorded on camera and I can also show through documentation that what these 3 co-workers are saying is false but the administrator refuses to investigate any further than just taking their word for it even though their are witnesses who are willing to vouch for me.
I changed my status from full time to "as needed" and gave up my benefits to avoid working with the three co-workers who have engaged in the harrassment. I was scheduled as needed through the holiday season and now that I'm on as needed status as of the 14th of Nov. , on that very day I was taken off the schedule and the administrator is requesting a meeting with me. I have a good standing history at this job, have never been written up and my evaluation was excellent. All of the harrassment has been recorded in e-mails to me. What can I do? At this point I don't want to meet without legal representation. My Administrator always has her own witness when she holds meetings.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are being harassed for filing a workers compensation claim or based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, then this is unlawful retaliation/harassment and you can pursue a legal action against the employer. So, if they are treating you this way for one of those reasons, the first complaint is to management and if they refuse to take action or have refused to act already, then you need a local attorney to file suit for retaliation under workers compensation law or you can file a complaint to the EEOC against the employer for discrimination/harassment based on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin or for filing a workers compensation claim.
So you have those two options you can pursue.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.