Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Several years ago I was injured as a result of someone

Customer Question

Several years ago I was injured as a result of someone frightening me from behind on the job. As a result I lost my ability to speak for a long amount of time. I attempted to pursue legal matters of the situation when it first happened but my Mother, Doctors and others wouldn't hear of it. For more than 10 years I worked at that same place of employment and then they gave me lay-off papers (February 2008). For 2.5 years I received unemployment. Once that stopped I went to work for a temp agency. Since then I have had no success whatsoever keeping a job for long at all. I have tried about every temp agency around and it just seems hopeless. I hardly get started on a job and it is no time before I am let go. Many times they put me working with women and they look for things to gripe to the supervisor about. I have had without exaggeration 8 jobs each of the last 3 years. this year I have had more than that. t seems as though
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I was wanting to take action in 1997 because I knew it would be next to impossible to get and keep a job if I were ever released from the job, and sure enough it has.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed for workman's comp about a year later and they interviewed people who saw it and they denied believing it was cause.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: In 2008 before they (company) laid me off a lead man had pushed me out of the way and cussed me while I was doing what the department supervisor told me to do. Shortly thereafter I went to the police station to file a report but they told me to "go on and get out of here." Refusing to even listen.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) What state is this in?

2) What are you asking exactly, i.e. what is your question? As in, "Can I still file a suit, etc?"

3) How old were you at the time of the incident?

4) What year did his happen?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 21 days ago.
Hello! I plan to log off soon and am just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!