Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I live in South America. My insurance company wants a EUO in

Customer Question

I live in South America.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My insurance company wants a EUO in Florida. Who pays for my travel expences?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes a claim for $65.000 in damages in florida.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I have given 2 EUO in the past year.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 27 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If it is your insurer and they will not agree to a video examination under oath and it pertains to your claim, then you have to bear the costs of travel for the examination I am afraid. Under your contract of insurance you agree to cooperate with the claims process and this is part of doing so. If they have already obtained an EUO in the claim then you can argue they are harassing you and are in bad faith in processing the claim and you can file a complaint against them with the FL Office of Insurance Regulation for their harassment and failure to pay the claim. However, if they can demonstrate a need for the examination and refuse to do one over video conference, you would bear the cost of travel.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.