Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

I was advised three months ago that there was not enough

Customer Question

I was advised three months ago that there was not enough work at my company to support my current position. In reality, I believe much of my work is being transferred to another party in a foreign office. I was given an open door to take the time necessary to find new employment. I have now secured new employment due to commence in about three weeks. Should I submit a resignation at my current job? If I provide a two week notice I will be paid out accrued vacation time (about $1000), but I feel like I may be sacrificing legal rights and leverage for severance negotiation if I resign.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

I would give them a week here if you can severance or whatever suits your new job transformation.This isn't going to harm them at all do what you think is best here, they know you are leaving, give whatever you need to here in order to make it work.Sometimes you have do whats best for you, these guys were laying you off so don't feel you owe them two or three weeks notice, give them less if you need to do so.

I do not thin this will harm you, if you can capture accrued vacation or severance do so.Take care of yourself here, they will be fine if you leave suddenly as the work is slow anyway.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best with new job.