ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Is DAPA program still working? NY, no, no

Customer Question

Hi.Is DAPA program still working?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NY
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 23 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Currently DAPA has not been implemented yet, due to a court case that has issued an injunction prior to the policy being implemented. There were a number of questions that needed to be addressed that pertains to all regulatory actions (as this is an executive action, and not a law passed by Congress, it has to go through a certain "comment" period and also has to be in the power of the President to do unilaterally (without consent of Congress)). That's what the court case is addressing, and until the case is concluded, DAPA is not implemented.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 22 days ago.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Hello?