Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

A year ago I paid a employment agency a fee for a temporary

Customer Question

A year ago I paid a employment agency a fee for a temporary job with an employer and the fee was paid. A year later the same employer called me directly for future employment. If I get hired, does the employment agency have the right to collect another fee? I would not think so. What do you think? Thanks.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

No they would not. Here employer contacted you directly, there should not be any fee you have no contract at t his point with the employment agency.Honestly employers often wait the time period so that there is no fee for them or you.You should not owe a fee here at this point at all to the employment agency.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Good luck with the job.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is always much appreciated.