Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney
26296561

My company wants me to retire and I do not want do, until

Customer Question

My company wants me to retire and I do not want do, until next year. I am 69 years old and our company is having financial problems, so they are trying to clear out the high price employees. I have asked for a severance package and they agreed (6 weeks). Should I put my request for severance and for them to pay health care benefits for that 6 weeks in writing and send them the request?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 27 days ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Yes. Generally, it would be a good idea to make sure that any requests, including for the company to pay for the healthcare benefits after retirement should be in writing and it is also important to obtain written confirmation of any agreement terms related to severance compensation / health insurance coverage.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 18 days ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.