Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a problem at work. My fellow co-working is

Customer Question

I have a problem at work. My fellow co-working is unproffesial and under her sweetness there are vailed attacts. I went to my boss and kept this problem on the professinal level. I had written down specsific times and dates of the verbal abuse. The Dr's wanted this to get resolved so they had us sit down (4 of us) to talk it out. 1st thing said was by a Dr stating that we need to work this out because jobs are at risk. I let her talk frist and right away she took it to a personal level , insulting me and talking to me as if scolding me like a child. Lieing . The Drs just sat back lettng her do this with out intervening and keeping her on subject. I feel as if I was run over and they let it happen. How can me complaining make my job at risk?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: This has been brought to them 3 times . They have not given her a written document that I know of. This is a small private animal hospital.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Was this something that I should of not done? They seem uncapible dealing with these problems.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 30 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If your co-worker is bullying you and you complained about it, that should not cause your job to be at risk because you did not do anything wrong. If you do not like the way the meeting was handled, then you need to let your supervisor know. Unfortunately, if this is a small place and you have already spoken to the highest level, your option may be to try to work around this bullying, find another job, or file lawsuit against the company and the co-worker for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

The employer is vicariously liable for the action of its employee. However, in order to prevail on a claim of Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, you need to show that (1) your co-worker acted intentionally or recklessly; (2) that your co-worker's actions were extreme and outrageous;(3) that your co-worker's actions were the cause (4) of your severe emotional distress, which would be evidenced by you going to doctors for medical treatment or seeking therapy. If you cannot prove all the four factors above, you would not prevail in your lawsuit for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress.

You may use the sites below to try to find a local Attorney who handles employment cases to assist you with the case. This is a complex litigation. It is strongly suggested that you try to obtain an Attorney to assist you with the case.

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Best wishes,